Monday, September 21, 2015

Furlough: Faith, Family, Friends, Food, and Fun!


Hello from America!

           We are enjoying our time in America so far. It has been very busy but also very enjoyable.  During the first week, I was in one of my high school friend’s weddings. I got to spend some great time with friends and help finish up wedding details the week before the wedding.  I only had one night where I had trouble sleeping for about 2 hours, and that was it for jet lag, which is awesome!!! Cody went to visit his family and then met back up with me for the wedding in Virginia. 
            
            Then we spent a few weeks back in Thomasville, during which we attended the Global Leadership Summit, met with supporters, went to our home church E3, saw friends and family, celebrated family birthdays, and substitute taught at Brookwood. 
           
            Next, we went to California where we met up with a lot of supporters, made new relationships, and caught up with family and friends! It sounds strange, but after Georgia and Florida, that is where a lot of our supporters are, so we went to visit them.  This was our first trip to California.  We enjoyed GREAT food thanks to some awesome people!!! In our week there we were able to see and experience Malibu Beach, Sonoma Valley, Lake Tahoe, Hollywood and Los Angeles. 
           
           Afterwards we traveled to Savannah to see my brother and his wife where we ate well (seeing a trend yet) saw his cool Lego robotics classroom, had game night, and went to church in a theater.  Then we went to Athens to see family and meet up with some other people there.  We spent a week in Atlanta catching up with friends, thanking supporters, and making new relationships.  Next we went to Dahlonega to see camp friends and supporters, and then we got to spend a week in Cody’s home town of Rome, GA. We were able to meet up with people from his home church, see his whole family, and visit our favorite spots there. It was especially wonderful to have the triplets reunited after at least two years!!!
            
           While we are here to connect with friends, family, and supporters, we are also here to share our story about what God is doing at GSF, and to raise funds to support the ministry at GSF.  At this time, we are focusing on additional monthly funds due to adding a physical therapist and special needs teacher’s salaries to our budget.  We are also raising the funds to build a small house at GSF beginning in the next few months. We are still following the schedule that is at the bottom of the last post. We hope to see you while we are here!!!

                                                                         Friends!!!

Enjoying being a bridesmaid with and for high school best friends

Catching up with dear heart friends from college who are doing great ministry in Atlanta 

Enjoying lots of connections through three of the group growing up in Rome, all of us working at camp together, and three of us having lived in Africa! 
One of the amazing parts of this journey is having friends all over the world. It was great to catch up with friends we made in Uganda and explore Los Angeles with them. 
It was such a blessing to have time with this amazing couple who are inspiring in how they live their lives for God


                                                                           Family!

The triplets! No, they are not identical ;) 
Almost the whole Hanna/Fox family 

The triplets and their loves :) 

Food! 


 California Mexican


Korean Barbecue

Fun!!!
Beginning our month of travel

Exploring Los Angeles
Hollywood at night


2 comments:

  1. These party photos are just adorable. We also attended such a blasting night party at one of most popular lofty spaces in Chicago. There were amazing entertainment arrangements like DJ and fun photo booths. I completely enjoyed this event with my entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I'm so happy to share this!!! I've been thinking I've lost my mind and it was some mental case. I myself had my tubes tied after my 3rd child. I have a condition that makes having babies so hard on my body. About 6 months ago I too would feel something like "kicks" of course I thought I was out right crazy. I never spoke to anyone about what was going through. How could I? They'd think I was nuts!!! Well my periods have been getting so bad that I reached out to my best friend who also had the operation to see if she had experienced any symptoms with her periods since! Of course we were in the same boat. I broke down and told her I almost felt at times I was pregnant I felt so crazy just typing this out to her. I was beyond nervous she would think it was a nut case. To my surprise she also had similar symptoms. We both are researching what this could be. That's when I came across this website on Google of dr Itua Herbal Center. While scrolling through these comments I stumbled upon how he treated HIV/HHerpes also helped a woman to get pregnant with his herbal medicines. When I read what he had been going through I just broke down and cried for the longest time. Finally I got a help that I ever wanted I and my friend purchase Dr Itua herbal medicines and we both used it which was really effective it cure my cramp issues so I will recommend anyone going through some health issue to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail : drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats-App +2348149277967 He cure HIV/Aids, Herpes, Cancers, And other stubborn disease make sure someone here talk to someone about this who is going through the same thing as us. Ty for sharing. I now know we're not alone!!!

    ReplyDelete